Monday, September 12, 2011

A Dutch Girl: Milou Sluis



Just got off of Fashion Model Directory and saw the model of the month; Milou Sluis. I actually haven't heard of hear before, but she is so- she is just too- oh I just can't describe her with words. She is too beautiful.


MILOU SLUIS FOR ARMANI EXCHANGE FALL WINTER 2011 CAMPAIGN BY MATTHEW SCRIVENS


(pictures from: here)



Blugirl Fall 2011 Campaign | Milou Sluis by Michelangelo di Battista





Did you always wanted to be a model, or did you stumble upon it, get discovered etc.? Who or what inspired you to become a model? How did you get started in the modeling business?

Well, I never really thought about it until I got scouted on the internet. My mom and I went to the agency who had approached me and it seemed like fun so I gave it a try. I was still in school so I started by doing some small jobs in the weekend and when I finished school I started doing it fulltime.

What is your favorite or most exciting aspect about being a model? What do you like least? Have you encountered any surprises along the way? What has been your most awkward moment (of your modeling career)?

It is amazing how many beautiful places you get to see and how many different people you get to meet. I think my favorite part is that it is not predictable every job is something new and it never gets boring!

How would you describe yourself as model in three words?

Professional, funny and kind I guess

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?

I think it was my trip to St. Tropez just because it was so much fun. The team was great the weather was amazing and the shoot was so much fun It didn’t even feel like I was working!

What was the hardest photo shoot for you, and why?

Once I did a job in Italy and me and the photographer really just didn’t connect, it was really hard for both of us to make the best out of it because it was such a struggle.

Is there a difference in posing when you are doing a cover and an editorial?

That probably depends on how the picture is taken and what they want really. I think posing is different most of the times there are so many different ways.

Did anyone in the industry ask you to change your look, name, etc… If so, what did you do?

Not really, sometimes people talk about changing my hair color or stuff like that but no bigger changes than that and certainly not my name ha ha.

What tips and advice do you have for aspiring models just starting out, something you wish someone would have told you?

Oh gosh I wish people had told me so much haha. It is better though I guess to find out on your own.

Have you had any negative experiences with model agencies, talent scouts? What are top 3 warning signs to look out for?

Now I think about it I don’t really think I have ever had a bad experience with one of my agencies or a scout.

Would you share some of your future goals, your life motto, any words of wisdom that get you by in life and professional career?

Well lately I’ve discovered that I will do anything as long as I’m happy. I tend to say yes to everything even if it doesn’t feel right. I don’t really have a goal or motto I am just so happy that I can do what I like and experience so much, I am just enjoying it.

What should a relationship between an agent and model look like?

Professional but close as well. You should be able to talk about work and thing around work but also feel like you can tell your booker a personal problem.

Best Jean?

My Armani jeans with a lot of wholes in there I love the most!!!!

What things in your wardrobe would you never throw away?

Anything really ha ha I cant throw away ANYTHING that’s why I have so much stuff I haven’t worn in 3 years.

Who is your style icon?

I am to uncool to have a style icon I guess.

What are your best beauty secrets?

Well, I wish I knew some secrets but for me it is just the regular stuff. Drinking lots of water getting enough sleep and just taking good care of your body.

Do you have any beauty / skin care tips or tricks to look fresh and rested for early morning photo shoots?

I have to admit I don’t always do it but I keep telling myself to take off my make up before I go to bed even if I come home late always clean your face!!!

Do you believe in homemade recipes? Do you have one to share with us?

Sure I believe in them I am just not one of those people who likes to make things like that haha. Well what I always do when I wake up is make myself a smoothie. I put fruits in the freezer and mix them with yoghurt this is the best breakfast ever!!!

How much attention do you pay to meditation & exercise, or is it all natural? How do you stay in shape?

Exercise is something I like but I forget how I like it so I have to really motivate myself to do it! I go running in the woods when I'm home or go to beachyoga which is a really good way of working out for me!

What is your favorite part about your body?

Actually I like most parts of my body ha ha. If I have to name something I like my tummy most.

Favorite kind of food:

Too hard to pick a favorite kind of food!!! I really like food in general. Pasta, a good piece of meat, fish, aarrgghh getting hungry while writing this!!!

When models say they eat healthy, what do they mean by that?

Probably just watching what they eat. It doesn’t mean that they only eat fruit and vegetables but that they treat their body well by eating good food!

If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?

I would want to have I time machine in which I can transfer myself from one place to another in just a couple of seconds it would save me so much time being in the plane!

What would you like to change about yourself if you can choose only one thing?

Ha ha I would like to be able to say (without lying) that working out is my favorite thing to do!!!

What are your favorite things to do in your free time?

Seeing my friends definitely and chilling with my boyfriend!!!

Do you have a mentor? Who? What is it about them that affects you? Why?

No I wouldn’t call anyone my mentor but my mom helps me out with a lot of stuff though, but she just does the things moms do I guess ha ha.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?

Ohh I really like to think about that! I see myself being really happy. Living in a beautiful apartment in Amsterdam with a big dog. I don’t have any ideas about my job in ten years who knows what will happen!

Do people act different around you since you’ve become a model?

Not really, I mean people ask about it but that is just showing their interest. There is one thing that everyone thinks though, since the moment I started everybody thinks I am really rich and earn loads of money every day! It is funny but can get annoying sometimes.

Do you have any model friend that you would suggest for the next model of the month on FMD?

Celine van Amstel definitely she is so cool!

Favorite kind of music? Favorite television series or movie?

Same thing as the food question! Too many good movies and television series. The most recent film that I watched was Arthur and I watched it twice in one week because it was so good!!!!

I'd like to meet …

Terry Richardson! Just to see what he is like.

Happiness is

… Peace in your heart! Sure ha ha it is so true but these kind of motto things freak my out a little ha ha.

People have said I look like …

Duffy (but taller), Cameron Diaz and Brooke Shields are the names I hear the most.

An interview I got from fashion model directory. Anyway, more from here

No comments:

Post a Comment